City of Port Townsend
S Park Avenue to Discovery Road
The City of Port Townsend's Howard Street project was selected for funding in November 2012. TIB contributed $2,233,301 in funding toward the $4,742,485 total cost of the project.
This project constructs approximately 1,700 feet of new arterial street connecting SR 20 to Discovery Road. The street will have two travel lanes, bike lanes, curb, gutter, sidewalks, and planter strips. A new roundabout will be constructed at the intersection of Howard Street and Discovery Road.
- $2,233,301 TIB's Urban Corridor Program (UCP)
- $256,698 the City of Port Townsend
- $646,773 Port Townsend Utlitiy Funds Water & Sewer
- $300,000 CERB GRANT
- $205,713 CERB LOAN
- $1,100,000 Federal Funding
- Provides critical link to commercial district
- Improves mobility
- Creates access
- Enhances non-motorized facilities